Complexity Gaming is one of the world’s most historic eSports brands. Founded in 2003, our gaming family has a long heritage of championship caliber teams, superstar players, news reporting and entertainment ventures.
As Director of Marketing you’ll be responsible for developing our outbound marketing strategies for the global eSports scene. You’ll be tasked with reinvigorating our fan outreach, player promotions and sponsor/partner outreach integration. The ideal candidate for this position is an avid gamer who has a comprehensive knowledge of the eSports landscape, community and culture. He or she must be a self-motivated and creative person who loves to think outside the box and is passionate about the targeted consumers. You love travel, probably sleep strange hours and consider being called a “nerd” a compliment. You’ve had your finger on the pulse of eSports because it means the world to you and your passion exceeds that of a 9-to-5 drone. Bonus points for being a Complexity fan, but it’s not mandatory... at least initially.
- Creative promotion of the Complexity brand in the competitive world of eSports
- Fan outreach programs that transcend the norm and nurture a true community environment
- Player promotion to ensure our beloved gamers get the publicity they deserve
- Coordination with sponsor partners to create and execute original activations that are mutually beneficial
- Coordination with media outlets, journalists and press
- Coordination with media production teams to develop and execute a compelling set of content
- Elevation and nurturing of the overall Complexity brand image
- A serious passion for and knowledge of gaming and eSports
- 2-3 years of marketing experience
- Very creative. Thinking outside the box is your calling card
- Team player who can coordinate with lots of moving parts
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to push forward complex plans and execute them to completion
- Willingness to travel (including internationally)
- Bonus if you’re well connected with sponsors, press and others in the scene
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
This is currently a work from home position that might require extensive travel.
Email a cover letter, resume and all relevant qualifications and references to SALES [at] COMPLEXITYGAMING.COM.