#blog_message b, #blog_message b > span { font-weight: bold !important; } Patiently waiting... - Blogs - compLexity Gaming Forums

Ryze

Patiently waiting...

Rate this Entry
For those of you that do not know anything about my personal life, I dedicate this blog to revealing a little bit about myself...

I am actually 22 years old going to be 23 December of this year, and I just recently graduated college last year and received my diploma in Fitness and Health promotion, shortly after graduating I took my personal training exam and passed and became certified with CSEP (Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology).

Durring school In my last year I did a field placement in the gym at a rec center which is very local to me ( I can literally wake up in the summers and its a 10 minute jog to go to the gym ). Towards the end of my placement the fitness coordinator said she would love to hire me but there were no positions open at that time, which was true.

But I decided to stick it out there because I knew I would love the Job if I could get it, I spent the summer after school and the fall volunteering there helping the trainers who currently did work there with their fitness classes and programs. I even took a part time maintenance job working nights, currently I still work there.

Finally an opportunity has presented itself, one of the trainers has quit and a position is open, My interview was 2 weeks ago and now I am once again being patient, keeping my fingers crossed waiting to find out if I get in or not.

With my education and certification, Experience with Co-oping and Volunteering, having my foot in the door and getting reference's from 3 people that already are employed at this gym It feels like I have done everything I could possibly do to try and secure a good job.

As I wait I sit and wonder to myself, if all of that does not get you a decent career today then what does? and I wonder what I should do if this does not work out, but for now its out of my hands and I just have to wait and see what my next move will be.

Waiting for the fog to clear, hope it turns into a sunny day....

Submit "Patiently waiting..." to Digg Submit "Patiently waiting..." to del.icio.us Submit "Patiently waiting..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Patiently waiting..." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hang in there bro, sure it'll work out
    I bet you'll get it man with everything that you've done there it would be a travesty if you didn't especially since the lady said that she'd love to hire you!
    wow, nice blog. if this trainer thing doesn't work out, you should be a writer Oo; Best of luck dude!!
    Go Brendon! I believe in you! It's always tough to find a good job once you graduate, but it gets much easier afterward. =)
    It sounds like you have gone above and beyond what the employers can realistically expect from a candidate. I am sure it will work out man.