#blog_message b, #blog_message b > span { font-weight: bold !important; } A brief introduction about me - Blogs - compLexity Gaming Forums

ixmike88

A brief introduction about me

Rate this Entry
Hello, I am Mike Ghannam of the compLexity Dota 2 team. I am 20 years old and I live in Livonia, Michigan.

I don't have some great story about my introduction to DotA, I have been playing on and off for ~6 years, mostly pubbing for a long time until I found out about (and was qualified to play in) inhouse leagues; I have played in just about every competitive inhouse league since UCross' IHL in 2006.

I have played with a large variety of teams over the years, and what I can take away from all of those experiences is that the things that stop teams from succeeding are egos, complacency, and (lack of) dedication or motivation. When there are egos it makes it really hard for players to co-exist with each other, nobody is willing to take blame for a mistake and all criticisms (or flames) are often done privately and lead to nothing constructive; complacency can occur when people are content with their current status; when in reality you will get left behind very quickly if you stop caring, even for a moment, I often relate this to being overconfident or ego-related issues; lack of dedication or motivation can come from a lot of things, some people simply can't justify the opportunity-cost of time that it takes to learn DotA, others simply claim to want to be the best but do not want to put any work into it (i.e mass queuing public games instead of reflecting on games, justifying mistakes by blaming allies, choosing to pub instead of prepare for tournaments, et. c). Like just about every other competitive game, it's not something that you can be exceptional at just by mindlessly chain queuing, it requires a lot of hard work and dedication.

As for my team, I can happily state that we do not suffer from most of these problems. We have a solid structure of how we go about issues and there are no egos that impede improvement. We are all also friends, something that I think often gets overlooked; it's very hard to play with a group of people that you are not comfortable being around, communication is usually more difficult because often times criticism from a stranger is much less welcome than criticism from a friend.

bye

Submit "A brief introduction about me" to Digg Submit "A brief introduction about me" to del.icio.us Submit "A brief introduction about me" to StumbleUpon Submit "A brief introduction about me" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

IXMIKE FIGHTING!!!!
    mikes too good
    The pandora charms was the very first woman to ever walk on Earth

In Greek Mythology, it's mentioned that pandora canada was the first woman to ever walk on Earth. When Prometheus stole the secret of fire from Mt. Olympus, the gods became angry that they decided to punish mankind. Zeus, the god of gods, ordered Hephaestus to make a woman out of Earth. This woman was given by all the gods of Olympus, gifts that had been supposed to bring misery to mankind. She was offered beauty, charms, deceit, cunning, boldness and much more. Right after she was given all these gifts, she was named Pandora, which means "All Gifted".

She was then taken by Hermes to Epimetheus, Prometheus' brother. Despite Prometheus's warning not to accept any gifts from the gods, his brother was captivated by the beauty and charms of Pandora that Epimetheus received her willingly. That, based on Greek mythology was the starting of man's misery.

Other versions speak of a vessel or perhaps a jar (not a box) that Pandora opened. When she opened the vessel, the contents of it scattered and given that that time, the lands as well as the seas were filled with evil. Other texts say that the jar contained blessings but as Pandora opened the container, all of the blessings had been cast away and were irretrievable.

But whatever the version, 1 thing is typical there was one point left inside the vessel and that is certainly 'Hope'.

Lately, about 25 years ago, a goldsmith named P. Enevoldsen and his wife established a Jeweller's shop in Copenhagen Denmark. They developed, manufactured and sold jewlry and accessories that contained various charms and beads. Normally, these charms are made of sterling silver, gold, valuable or semi-precious stones and an item exclusive to Italy, Murano Glass.

The style in the charms had been exquisite and when combined together creates a actually marvelous piece of jewelry. The company sold jewelry components and customized styles. These charms and pandora bracelets canada might be purchased separately from bracelet and necklace chains and could possibly be assembled by the consumer themselves if they wanted to. The shoppers could also buy the cutomized jewelry which has currently been assembled with the components they fancied if they wanted to.

The demand for the items increased substantially for the point that the owners decided to wholesale their item to diverse countries. when they began exporting them, and their designs had been openly accepted by a good deal of patrons. Their products are recognized as pandora bracelets / Pandora Jewelry.

Why their wares had been named immediately after a Character that brought misery to mankind is a thing that's hard to comprehend. Perhaps the cause may be the characteristics of every single charm used to create a single bracelet; each charm style is special and has its personal identity. And once they are all combined to create one particular piece of jewelry, that piece of jewelry exudes elegance and class.

In this aspect you could say that each piece of Pandora Charm Bracelets / Pandora Jewelry are "All Gifted".

pandora charms canada or Pandora Jewelry also contradicts an additional description with the mythological character. Contrary to becoming the result in of evil and misery to mankind, Pandora Jewelry truly contributes to society. It supports the S.G. Komens foundation and Hurricane Katrina Victims by donating a portion of their sales of specific charms to their foundations. Under this context, we could say that perhaps, Pandora Jewlery possess or provides the last blessing left within the vessel: 'Hope'.

Pandora charms and Pandora Jewelry are excellent items. These are classic jewelry that could fit and match any outfit. No matter whether you will be inside your casual clothing or formal attire, Pandora Charm Bracelets are positive to match it. In its distinct and inventive way, these items have changed the meaning of their brand from becoming pandora charms vengeful to something gorgeous and sophisticated.