#blog_message b, #blog_message b > span { font-weight: bold !important; } compLexity Gaming Forums - Entries for May 2012 - Blogs

coL.qxc

1. Accidental Success

I preface this with the following: I have never had a good handle on maintaining a good practice schedule. My ambition and devotion to practice sometimes mixed well with my college schedule in a way that helped me make tremendous progress. And sometimes it didn't. Now that I have near total control over my schedule I'm working on finding the sweet spot that I've stumbled upon in the past.

Practice != improvement. Obviously improvement necessitates practice, but hours played do not necessarily ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Creep and its Importance

Often we watch games involving zerg and not zerg and comment on how said well the zerg player is spreading their creep. Often this is an indication of how well the game is going for that player. Good massive creep spread and the zerg is probably winning. Likewise, creep which barely extends past hatcheries is often an indication that a loss is forth coming.

The main advantages of creep are the vision it grants and the increased movement speed that most zerg units benefit from while ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The role of boring units

If you've read more than a few of my blogs you may have recognized my general disdain for certain units in Starcraft 2 due to how they don't seem to add more interesting decisions or allow for interesting micro. Some of the more notable units include the thor and battlecruiser for their incredible lack of mobility and lack of potential micro. While I don't particularly like the colossus - it does allow for for some interesting control and use with cliff walking and the ability to stutter step - ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A look at each race's production

In light of recent comments by blizzard http://(http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=334748) and general discussion regarding the state of TvP I'm going to analyze what makes protoss late game so different from Terran from a production stand point. In past blogs I've talked about how upgrades and types of units available seem to favor protoss in the late game TvP.

The primary, and of course, most obvious difference is that protoss production is front-loaded in that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized