#blog_message b, #blog_message b > span { font-weight: bold !important; } Esports Franchises, a thing of the future? - Blogs - compLexity Gaming Forums

adn

Esports Franchises, a thing of the future?

Rate this Entry
Today ESNation has some what shocked me with their announcement that Meet Your Makers is now a franchise, managed and maintained by a newly developed company Frontspawn ApS.

It's founder and managing director Ronnie "twaizz" Jelsbak has previously been involved in SoA (Spirit of Amiga), Boomtown, Regroup Events and MYM. So MYM is still in capable hands.

However, my question is, "Is franchising the way forward for esports?"

With my limited knowledge of franchises, I think I am correct in saying that anyone can now go ahead and apply for permission to open a MYM team in there area. Be it local, national or soemthing larger. Of course, this method will allow MYM to grow exponentially if ESNation allow it too, whilst exerting minimal effort.

In the words of Mark "Mercy" Fries, COO of ESNation, "a brand new way of thinking business within eSports begins."

Submit "Esports Franchises, a thing of the future?" to Digg Submit "Esports Franchises, a thing of the future?" to del.icio.us Submit "Esports Franchises, a thing of the future?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Esports Franchises, a thing of the future?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I don't personally think it will be as easy as simply saying, "Oh, we're now the North American MYM CSS Franchise." I think that both ESNation AND the Powers That Be within MYM will be definitely on the ball to make sure that their name and "likeness" aren't being abused.
    I smell Bullshit!