CEVO Sapphire Atomic Tournament #2
by, 08-04-2009 at 12:20 PM (1723 Views)
CEVO has just announced their second Sapphire Atomic Tournament #2. Although no definite prizes have been released, it is likely that they will be some nice hardware, maybe a showing of their latest ATI card, the 4890. With an entry fee of only 5$, it is likely to bring a lot of good competition. More information was released on CEVO about tournament protocols posted below:
- 128 teams, double elimination.
- $5.00 registration fee per player.
- Matches played twice a week, on Monday and Thursday evenings.
- Registration is open from Thursday, January 22nd - Thursday, February 19th.
- Standard CEVO rules apply, 15 round halves, $800 startmoney, and teams will knife for side choice.
- Maps are de_dust2, de_nuke, de_inferno, de_train, de_tuscan, de_russka, and de_season (Map Rotation: TBA).
- The CMN will be enabled for all matches.
- Teams are permitted to dispute a maximum of two players per team per match.
Winnings will be shipped free of charge.
1st Place- 5x TBA (Later this Week) & CEVO-P Season 9 Professional Placement Spot
2nd Place - 5x TBA (Later this Week) & CEVO-P Season 9 Professional Placement Spot
3rd Place - 5x TBA (Later this Week)
4th Place - 5x TBA (Later this Week)
5th Place - 5x Free entry into CEVO CSS Main Season 9 ($100.00 value)
6th Place - 5x Free entry into CEVO CSS Main Season 9 ($100.00 value)
7th Place - 5x Free entry into CEVO CSS Main Season 9 ($100.00 value)
8th Place - 5x Free entry into CEVO CSS Main Season 9 ($100.00 value)
Those we're pretty standard, however, the main concern will be the way zBlock is played, there has been much debate over the new zBlock and it's bunnyhop commands. CEVO has always been against movement exploits, even more so then other leagues, it will be a huge determining factor on their ruling with the bunnyhop command. Perhaps the tournament is incentive to embrace the new ruleset they plan to release for it. What do you guys think about allowing bunnyhopping, or restricting it, although it is so very ingrained in the playstyle of many CS:S teams and players? If you weren't aware of these changes, check the video below!
ATI 4890 (Prize)
Bunny Hop Fix Video