#blog_message b, #blog_message b > span { font-weight: bold !important; } 2009 - Blogs - compLexity Gaming Forums

JetBlk

Rate this Entry
What a year it has been - For esports and for myself. It has almost been a year since I rejoined compLexity. I've been inactive since September for school but I still keep a close eye on the site and what has been going on. Many good things have happened with coL since last January and I'm glad I was a part of it. I would like to thank the coL community for their support of not only myself, but the whole staff, the players, and the management for what has been done in 2009. It has been a great year to put coL back on the map as the top North American organization when we had nothing this time around last year. I would also like to thank the sponsors for supporting and believing in the compLexity dream that we have cherished for all these years. It was nice meeting Nick from PureTrak down in North Carolina, he is a great guy. If you haven't bought one of his mouse pads, what are you waiting for? :P

New PureTrak compLexity Pad

For me a lot has happened since last year and it has helped me grow. Finishing the first year of college, traveling a bit for coL over the summer, and then starting the second year of my Computer Science major this past September, it has been a busy roller coaster. In traveling I got to see some new parts of the country that I haven't been at before (and also get threatened to be raped by Drew at the coL House when I was there in August). It was a great experience and I look to do a bit more traveling when I come back to activity sometime this year.

Andrew "Irukandji" Timmerman

2009 was also a year to unexpectedly say goodbye to a friend. It is tough when a young life is cut short short, especially when they are a close friend. Back in June when Kristina was killed in a car accident was probably one of the darkest times of my life with my girlfriend at the time showing little support for me (we broke up soon after). I was depressed and really down and out for some time after I had heard the tragic news. I had just saw her the night of the accident and it is still really hard to keep her in my thoughts, but you have to move forward and just keep those people in a special place in your heart. Here's to you Kristina, may you rest in peace, I'll be visiting you at your resting place soon.

Kristina

In starting the second year of college at RIT, this has been one of the busiest years of my life. The fall quarter I was slammed constantly with projects, computer science labs, among other papers and homework. It had forced me to go inactive from my Head of Staff spot at compLexity which proved to be a good choice. I was able to focus on my work and do better than I had done in the previous year. I also got a new girlfriend who is just absolutely fantastic. She has been supportive for everything I have wanted to accomplish this year and I couldn't be happier. We talked for all of September and started dating in October, so in January it'll be 3 months. 2010 should prove to be fun for us as I don't see any signs of our relationship going negative anytime soon.

Joy with the coL fitted

What a year it has been! 2010 will be a year for North American esports to compete with Europe as I feel we have the talent to step up to the plate, and regain a nice grip on the international stage. It'll be interesting to see how things turn out for Counter-Strike, as well as other games.

Well, I think this blog has gone on long enough. So I'll leave it at this - Lets fuck shit up in 2010 compLexity!

Have a safe and enjoyable New Years Eve everyone!

- Nick

Me at MLG Columbus

Submit "2009" to Digg Submit "2009" to del.icio.us Submit "2009" to StumbleUpon Submit "2009" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good read Nick and great blog. Happy New Year my man
    Thanks bro you too
    Good shit mate, be well and keep it real in 2010 Fly high!
    Nice read, Nick. Hope your schedule frees up so you can come back to being active in 2010.
    Thanks Drewski! Hopefully I'll be at some more events this year with you guys. Thanks again for having me stay at the house this past summer.
    Nice read. Get ready for a great 2010!