View Poll Results: Which clip do you like more?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chizz

44 74.58%
  • VoE

15 25.42%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chizz vs Voe

Blog Entries

Ok so truely neutral party here, in fact i have rather enjoyed VOE's clips these last couple of weeks. Chizz was the better clip.

Sound: Chizz
    Transition: Chizz
    Editing: Chizz
    Frag Quality: Chizz

I think there should be a certain format to how these clips are graded saying who has better what... like i did up there.

Chizz the music was great, VOE omg i hate your music choice

Blog Entries

Ok so truely neutral party here, in fact i have rather enjoyed VOE's clips these last couple of weeks. Chizz was the better clip.

Sound: Chizz
    Transition: Chizz
    Editing: Chizz
    Frag Quality: Chizz

I think there should be a certain format to how these clips are graded saying who has better what... like i did up there.

Music Choice:

This is really a preference of the person watching, but I prefer clean crisp techno which chizz gave me. VOE your music was as grungy as your text.... yuck.

Transitions:

I have to take chizz, even though I really didnt like the whole model usage thing, it was kinda cheesy. VOE your transitions make me lost in the clip. I dont know if im looking at a new round or a continuation.

Effects:

I like how you both used the hollow bullet sound occasionally, I like that chizz left it to different lighting but didnt really take it overboard. VOE I liked how you used the zoom sparingly, I like that you speed the clip up which helps with knowing whats going on. VOE when the guy in beginning of clip went down and you changed your colors to black and white i was like wow awesome as we speed transition it will go black and white so i know nothing important going to happen. Then you speed transitioned again in color making me think you did black and white just to add effect which is kinda lame. I didn't like the whole bold red crosshair trying to emphasize the kill. Just looked out of place. Also your text is so nasty. Chizz keeps it clean by using a verdana with a little brightness and you just use some nasty ass grunge text that is colored.

Frag Quality:

The main thing here was that I could follow chizz's frags. Many times in VOE i was lost in the clips and didn't know what was happening. For both of you guys you need to work on your timing to set the clips to the music. Chizz from what I have seen has done that in past movies. I haven't seen VOE do that yet.

VOE i was gunning for you because everyone talks alot of trash on here about your skill. I think anything free should be appreciated. I look forward to you making more clips and getting better, you seem to really crank them out quick. I think that this forum has been biased and unfair to VOE, I think it is because of how VOE has treated other people. I don't know who started it, but we as a community need to support each other. VOE doesn't get paid to make his clips and he still keeps crankin them out for anyone's enjoyment. If you don't like it you can at least respect him for his efforts. I hope you don't stop trying to get better VOE because I think with some polishing you can really be a great movie maker. As Katt Williams says let the haters hate, if you got 20 haters on this board try to make it 30 by next month. Haters are gonna hate, let them do their job, that just means they jealous.

With that said about VOE, I do think that Chizz's clip was the winner. That is just 1 competition and we as coL fans lately know how it feels to lose. I would like to see a weekly competition, that would be awesome.

btw I think one of my fav clip is here: http://www.noobflicks.com/watch/1086...olution_theory - by Kajus... Kajus is awesome!

Blog Entries

Lost interest in VoE's.

Blog Entries

Kind of a toss up for me but I liked VoE's better. His quality wasn't as good, but I thought the contrast/brightness/glow effect on Chizz's was a bit much. I also enjoyed some of the effects on VoE's like putting up a red crosshair right before s0ck headshots with a deagle (allthought too much of a good thing can be really bad(and in some areas I dont think the white boxes or w/e were necesary)). Both quality movies, I enjoyed watching VoE's more though.

I think Chizz has more experience and it shows, so his video had better editing quality, but I still had more fun watching VoE's. In my opinion keep doing your thing, say "fuck off" to all the haters, shrug your shoulders and keep pumping the videos out. You'll get better over time.

Blog Entries

its hard when it seems like only people that hate me post. I mean its hard for me to understand when im putting like 6 hours of work into clips for this team a week and everyone just says oh your clips suck. I mean I dont claim to be the best movie maker but I always try to make it enjoyable and its like I get 2 people telling me I did a good clip and 10 people saying I suck. Think about what the feels like. Shit I mean right now I just want to quit cause everyone I know thought my clip was really good and I post it on here and I just get flamed flamed flamed. I dunno shit gets me down.

Blog Entries

Chizz wins.

He put a lot of subtle, clever touches in his that gave it a unique feel. The music was more suitable for a frag vid, and his footage was cleaner and smoother.

VoE, usually when people dislike you it doesn't come from nowhere. Maybe your actions and posts are what do it? Instead of trashing him and believing your clips are the shit, maybe take what people say about yours and his seriously, and use that to improve yourself instead of pouting about it all day.

To me your clip just looked like you captured some footage, added a few simple effects, threw on a song you liked, and said "BOOM! FRAG VID!". I didn't see much creative thought behind it like I did in Chizz's. Maybe next time think of something outside the box that hasn't been done a million times, and don't hide behind the veil of "oh I did this in a short amout of time, that's why it's not as great as it could be".

And don't take this as "oh you hate me too" because I really don't give a damn either way about both you and Chizz. Now stop whining about peoples' opinions of your work and look to see what you can improve, instead of throwing out the same stuff every time and expecting a different response.

My vote goes to Chizz
    compLexity 09 - The Riot is here

chizz
    [SIGPIC]

voe its not that we dont hate you, its just chizz's clip is far better than yours. it looks like you just put things together.. i could easily beat you :-D

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by VoidOfEnigmas View Post
    its hard when it seems like only people that hate me post. I mean its hard for me to understand when im putting like 6 hours of work into clips for this team a week and everyone just says oh your clips suck. I mean I dont claim to be the best movie maker but I always try to make it enjoyable and its like I get 2 people telling me I did a good clip and 10 people saying I suck. Think about what the feels like. Shit I mean right now I just want to quit cause everyone I know thought my clip was really good and I post it on here and I just get flamed flamed flamed. I dunno shit gets me down.
    welcome to the internet, and life for that matter.