Thread: Stupid wireless

Blog Entries

Exclamation Stupid wireless

So i've tried to game on wireless the passed 2 or 3 days varrying in games from CoD4 to 1.6 to source, and it happens on each platform - I get the lag spikes from hell.

My status is as follows:

Anyway to stablize the connection or is wireless doomed for FPS gaming

i use wireless .:.:. no problems usually happens sometimes do. Dunno what i can do for ya

Any other computers using the connection? Sometimes it's your adapter/router that could be causing the problem.
    System: Intel C2D E8400 @ 4GHz | EVGA GeForce 9800GTX+ | Asus P5Q Pro | G.Skill 4GB | Western Digital 640GB | CM 690 | Corsair TX-650 | Windows 7 x64

Periphirals: Razer DeathAdder | Logitech Wave | Samsung 2343BWX 23" | SS QcK+ | SS 5Hv2

2.4ghz phones can also interfere with the signal

5. Default

google vista anti-lag if youre lagging every 60 seconds

Blog Entries

Keep the router away from metal too
    Nick "JetBlk" Shaw

i had problems with lag spikes with my fios router. it was fixed when i put the modem in my room as opposed to a different room and using a wireless adapter to get the signal. also the lag spikes for me seemed random but they in fact were not. they actually were happening like every minute/2 minutes (something like that) so that's when I figured out it was either the router or the adapter. i also noticed that after trying a laptop (which has its own wireless network card) that the problem did not really happen. it still happened but was maybe once every 20 mins and was almost unnoticable. (i only noticed it when playing with net_graph 1 on) so that's when i realized it was the adapter for the computer. but instead of buying a new one which is like 60 bucks or more i just put the modem in my room. i am not telling you to do that cuz you probably cant but just check to see if its your wireless adapter. cuz if it isnt it must be your router but id say more likely the adapter.

Blog Entries

My router is a good 50+ feet away. 1 other computer (a MAC PRO) is on the network - though the computer wasn't on at the time. However, I do have to admit the spikes have DRASTICLY decreased by using what JAMPACK74 said -" Vista Anti-Lag" - works wonderfully.

So thank you all for your input =o) Just trying to stay away from wired.