Thread: Mage question

Default Mage question

Arcane vs Frost. Was wondering what Venruki likes to play better and what his partners like better. I play RMP usually, if that helps decide. Rogue switches between ShS and Mutilate.
    Hi

Arcane is more of a 'burst' spec and j-boy setups use them. Frost is more of a survival and wear down the other team spec. Just my opinion

20/0/51 for Arena

Arcane has decent burst but, in my opinion, you can put out a shit ton more with frost. Arcane is more RNG with random missile barrage procs.

I like to run frost in all brackets, even though I don't do much 2s, i run hunter druid mage, lol, and play as frost. Frost gives you timed burst thats harder than Arcane, also gives you a lot of control when it comes to CCing or pealing since you can use a macro to keybind your WE's freeze and use it to nova melee off your healer, or you can deep freeze a healer if poly is on DR, and CS is on CD.

We generally run Arcane + Shadow Dance and Mutilate + Frost. Whichever you prefer is fine we seem to do better against some teams as one and others as the other. =]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tonynot View Post
    Arcane vs Frost. Was wondering what Venruki likes to play better and what his partners like better. I play RMP usually, if that helps decide. Rogue switches between ShS and Mutilate.
    overall I would have to say that frost/mutilate is a little more well rounded, if played really well arcane/dance also has to the potential to do well against certain setups. personally I prefer the play style of arcane, but frost is just overall superior against a lot of setups.