Thread: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Default Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

You all know what it is, most of you have played it; but beware the PC version.

1) Downloadable content is still not available (supposed to have been and was advertised to have been available at launch)
    2) Guitar drivers conflict with several major motherboards
    3) Frequent freeze-framing and skipping during songs, even on high-end pc's

Another thing, at least for me, was how buggy the installers were. After having trouble with frames freezing and thus losing songs, I decided to reinstall. The uninstall process went really smooth, but now I can't re-install. The installer acts as if the program is still on my machine, and I've cleared everything off my machine- the registry entries, app data, saved game files. Not a single GH:3 file on my drives, but it won't install. The box is now sitting in my closet because Aspyr refuses to hear me out :P.

The good news: the guitar that comes with it DOES work on 360's.
    Sig shamelessly stolen from [e]nigma.
    =========================================
    <st10r`> I can't believe Jason has the heart to go on
    <coL|1`RIOT`out> st10r`
    <coL|1`RIOT`out> I do

Sup just sippin a natty workin on my brocabulary

Blog Entries

sounds like it was just not meant to be for the PC maybe they will improve it

Quote Originally Posted by smont View Post
    sounds like it was just not meant to be for the PC maybe they will improve it
    i loved the second one <3

idk why you would want to play a game like that on a computer over xbox but it doesnt really make sense that a computer verison wouldnt have downloadable content yet. it should be a lot easier to incorporate into a pc game.

Quote Originally Posted by haticK View Post
    idk why you would want to play a game like that on a computer over xbox but it doesnt really make sense that a computer verison wouldnt have downloadable content yet. it should be a lot easier to incorporate into a pc game.
    Its simple: I have a PC and not an xbox. And yes you'd think that it would be easier to incorporate... but it seems like some aspyr employee ported the game on his smoke break tbh.
    Sig shamelessly stolen from [e]nigma.
    <st10r`> I can't believe Jason has the heart to go on
    <coL|1`RIOT`out> st10r`
    <coL|1`RIOT`out> I do

Sup just sippin a natty workin on my brocabulary

Blog Entries

wow thanks for the heads up i was going to get this for my brother for xmas!

Quote Originally Posted by 1
    compLexity is a dream of excellence. It's a dream of community. It's a dream of internet friendships that say fuck you to the odds and haters and still finish #1 from time to time. compLexity is a way of life.