Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Day of Defeat

I played 1.3 for a long time, then moved to DoD: Source for a bit, often changing back and forth. Had been a while since I played the Source one, so I went on it, and wow, that game is horrid now..

TF2 really destroys games.. wait til they make CS: Source just like TF2.. then there will be nothing to save it. Shame cause I actually enjoyed Source one too DAMN VALVE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
    I played 1.3 for a long time, then moved to DoD: Source for a bit, often changing back and forth. Had been a while since I played the Source one, so I went on it, and wow, that game is horrid now..

TF2 really destroys games.. wait til they make CS: Source just like TF2.. then there will be nothing to save it. Shame cause I actually enjoyed Source one too DAMN VALVE!
    In my opinion, the changes they made to DoD:S that made it more like TF2 were very undestructive to the game. The gameplay didn't change at all, it only changed it to input a kill cam and other small changes like stats and achievements that didn't change the game at all. So i'm going to have to disagree with you, TF2 is a game on its own, and while it is good, adding some of its features to DoD:S didn't make the game bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    In my opinion, the changes they made to DoD:S that made it more like TF2 were very undestructive to the game. The gameplay didn't change at all, it only changed it to input a kill cam and other small changes like stats and achievements that didn't change the game at all. So i'm going to have to disagree with you, TF2 is a game on its own, and while it is good, adding some of its features to DoD:S didn't make the game bad.
    I used to be really in touch with the DoD:S community, and they definitely hate the new update that gave it some changes that were along the lines of TF2. Namely the registration was a bit spontaneous and the movement was just not the same to them anymore. They really hate it, haha. :P

I used to play DoD:S pretty competitively back in the day. I backed up for Ostrich at one point ;p
    coL.TF2 :3

Blog Entries

mmmmbob muzia

Yeah the update ruined dods, not that it was any good, but it definitely did not help.

Blog Entries

I stopped playing about the time uKz retired.
    Steve "awakeN" Yeager
    Co-Founder/Co-Leader of Asperity Gaming
    Knoxville, TN

Blog Entries

I got it, but I haven't had the opportunity to play it yet.
    XBL -- Zeppelyn EX || PSN ​-- zn-1

7. Default

i had the opportunity to rep coL for dods right before they joined the CGS and then after that DODS had a few good lans that myself and my team did pretty well at. We tried to play the game as long as it was alive but all the competition died down after newegg lanfest 2k7? or 8? dont remember. But i did start out in 1.3 and knew most of the coL guys and made a source team with them

Quote Originally Posted by wedo View Post
    i had the opportunity to rep coL for dods right before they joined the CGS and then after that DODS had a few good lans that myself and my team did pretty well at. We tried to play the game as long as it was alive but all the competition died down after newegg lanfest 2k7? or 8? dont remember. But i did start out in 1.3 and knew most of the coL guys and made a source team with them
    ^^^ This guy was pretty bad

j/k I love you aaron!

Blog Entries

DoD is insane. i wish more peeps played it :[

I play DoD competitvely and for fun in TPGLeague but there's only a few teams, imo it's way funner than CS competitvely and in general, but since the competitve scene pretty much died I'm sticking to CS, because CS is loads of fun. I'd would rather prefer DoD though if the competitive was huge again =]