Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inspiration!

Default inspiration!

This could be a blog but im going to make it a forum post. My name is Taylor and im going to be a senior in high school next year and i really don't know what i want to do with my life. As a youngster my big dream was to be a professionally gamer like many of us here. That dream never really died but just became not as interesting to me. Yes i love playing counter-strike for hours and laning with friends but could professional gaming give u as much as a rush as being a pilot in the air force? In all my life ive never thought about going into the military because it wasn't really my thing but now that i look and read more into it its becoming interesting. Now let me say one thing going into any branch of the military is a very hard decision. for instance are you willing to risk your life to defend your country and stand for what you believe in? That is a question that all must ask. For anyone out that is my age truly spend some time on thinking what you want to do when you get older because becoming a professional gamer is harder than you think.

The inspiration of becoming a pilot and maybe joining the air force comes from a film i found on the internet called Mirage2000 i really suggest you check it out for me it is aw inspiring and i truly think that these are the greatest clips of aviation ever caught on tape.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...ge-2000_events

For all that read this i would like to say thanks and comments would be appreciated sorry for the spelling and grammar errors and in the mean time go coL!

Taylor > Follow your dream

In order to be a pilot in the Air Force you have to be really smart. Another thing is, a lot of people DON'T ask the big question, are they willing to die for this country, and don't care about what America stands for. They are there to get there education, and get out. If I had to redo my life, If I could have joined the Air Force I would have. Also for the pilot you have to be the top of your class, and they do want only the top to fly the 4million dollar planes they get

WARRIOR UP (W^)

yeah i know that and i am smart i average like a 3.5gpa on a 4 scale and yes i know that they only take to top students out of the class but truly i would just be a lot of studying and hard work.

peakz what you doing now in life like what job do you have?

Blog Entries

Do you have 20-20 vision?

Blog Entries

I'm in the middle of going through the beginning steps in joining the Air Force, Next week I will be going to MEPS (Military Entrance Program Station) where I will take the ASFAB, decide on a job, and sign a contract. I can't wait till I get in! My brother is in the AF right now and enjoys it a lot! To be a pilot you will be in classes for a few years, I've heard some pilots say don't expect to fly till your late 20's. It takes a lot of HARD work but I'm sure at the end its worth all the work. I'm not going to be a pilot, but if that's what you want to do go for it, and don't let anyone hinder you from achieving your dream! good luck with your senior year, enjoy it while its there it fly's by super quick!

yes i have 20-20 vision

thanks delay and good luck with your ASFAB you know what kind of job you are looking at?

Blog Entries

yea, I want in Air Crew, Load master or Boom Op are my top 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deLay View Post
    I'm in the middle of going through the beginning steps in joining the Air Force, Next week I will be going to MEPS (Military Entrance Program Station) where I will take the ASFAB, decide on a job, and sign a contract. I can't wait till I get in! My brother is in the AF right now and enjoys it a lot! To be a pilot you will be in classes for a few years, I've heard some pilots say don't expect to fly till your late 20's. It takes a lot of HARD work but I'm sure at the end its worth all the work. I'm not going to be a pilot, but if that's what you want to do go for it, and don't let anyone hinder you from achieving your dream! good luck with your senior year, enjoy it while its there it fly's by super quick!
    Do NOT sign the contract until your recruiter calls you and says your job is available.

I had loadmaster on my job choices

By the way, I really want to become a pilot. I'm going to go to Basic september 8th for the Air Force and If I can I'm going to take the test for the academy, and I do have the vision for it . But it's not gonna be an easy road, that's for sure.
    The best, never rest.