Thread: Playing 800x600 full screen on widescreen monitor

Default Playing 800x600 full screen on widescreen monitor

Hey does anybody know of a program or something that will put the black edges on the side of my screen? I'm buying a new 24" widescreen monitor and I'd like to continue playing 800x600 fullscreen because I'm just use to it. Does anybody know of a program that will allow me to put black edges on the side so I can do so?
    Joined 07/2004
    Version 3.0 Forum Elite <33

im pretty sure its not a program its a setting on your computer.

Blog Entries

If you have and NVIDIA card you just set Flat Panel Scaling to "Fixed Aspect Ratio", just make sure you're connecting your monitor to your video card using the digital connector and not the old AV one or whatever that CRTs use. There's probably a similar setting for ATI cards to.

On a side note ever since I started using Windows 7 it has automatically put black edges on my screen in CS with non-ws resolutions. Also you'll probably have to use 60Hz as 75Hz usually only works in a full stretched screen.

Quote Originally Posted by tensionz View Post
    If you have and NVIDIA card you just set Flat Panel Scaling to "Fixed Aspect Ratio", just make sure you're connecting your monitor to your video card using the digital connector and not the old AV one or whatever that CRTs use. There's probably a similar setting for ATI cards to.

On a side note ever since I started using Windows 7 it has automatically put black edges on my screen in CS with non-ws resolutions. Also you'll probably have to use 60Hz as 75Hz usually only works in a full stretched screen.

need to find the ATI card setting for this >.<

Blog Entries

If it's a Samsung monitor you can change it directly on your monitor. your CS has to be opened so it saves it...i'm not sure if it works with other monitors but it doesn't work with my LG ]:

smoky do u have and nvidia video card? cuz if so then your fine cuz they have that aspect ratio option in the graphics settings control panel. For ati there should be a section in your catalyst contral panel called Theater Mode. in there youll find something where you can switch the aspect ratio to 4:3 or 16:9 by resolution. I have a HD 4670 and it has that option.

"You smell that? Napalm son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know one time we had a hill bombed. For 12 hours it was all over when we walked up. We didn't find one of them, not one stinky body. That smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like.... Victory."

I use 8x6 normal on my 24" widescreen and it's probably in the nVidia control panel, if anything I wanted to do the opposite of what you wanted to do, but it just left it on.

Nvidia control panel > change flat panel scaling > Use Nvidia scaling with fixed aspect-ratio.

I'm playing on a laptop, so the actual screen size for my CS is around 10" with 1024*768 resolution. Wish they'd change the way 1.6 treats wide screen monitors >_>

Blog Entries

I wish you could somehow adjust the crosshairscale in 1.6 to more than just "Small". Makes me want to punch an asteroid into someones groin

I play on a 32" tv, but I have to play in windowed mode (really annoying). For some reason the 8800 series video cards don't support scaling.