Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the compLexity team (including aZn if he can)

1. Default For the compLexity team (including aZn if he can)

I was just wondering how many degrees do you turn with a full swipe of your mousepad ingame?

* if your wondering about aZn he's playing with col for wcg so I figured I'd take a shot.

don't worry about what the pro's use worry about whats comfortable for you. Here's a more scientific reason. A lot of NA pros tend to use slower sensitivities, where as you look at a lot of european pros and they use high sensitivities. What works for one person doesn't work for all. It's best to stick with what you enjoy and find comfortable and not change it, it will only make you worse.

High sens Low Sens
    Pros: Can turn around fast, peak different angles faster, acquire face faster. Better for spraying and close range. Pros: More percision, less room for error when aiming, better for awping and long range

Cons: less dexterity, less precision, more room for error. Increased difficulty with awp and long range shots. Cons: Slows down ability to react, harder to control sprays, harder to clear angles in a rush

3. Default

I relize that... And it has nothing to do with me wanting to use their settings.

Thanks anyways.

it varies sir =D

Blog Entries

Sorry for the late response danteh, and i'll agree with everyone else you gotta find out what best suits your style of gaming. Personally I make sure 1 swipe can turn me around if that makes any sense at all lol. Basically so I hear someone shoot behind me or from a certain area and i can turn and only worry about aiming and tappin. Hope this helps /: here are my settings at least so you know what I'm working with!

CS SETTINGS
    Resolution: 640x480
    Ingame Sensitivity: 2.4
    Crosshair Size: small
    Crosshair Color: red
    Crosshair Translucent: no
    Dynamic Crosshair: yes
    Ingame Gamma: 3
    Ingame Brightness: 3
    Radartype: 2
    Ingame GUI: coL
    No Force Commands: -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel
    Other Launch Options: -freq 120

MOUSE SETTINGS
    Mouse: Xai
    Mouse DPI: 400
    Mouse Hz: 500
    Windows Sensitivity: 6
    Mousefix: yes
    Mouse Drivers: yes (steelseries for xai)
    Mouse Acceleration: no
    Mouse Pad: Qpad coL

MONITOR SETTINGS
    LCD or CRT: LCD
    Monitor Hz: 120
    Antialiasing: off
    Anisotropic: 4x
    Vsync: off
    Digital Vibrance (nvidia) / 70%
    Desktop Gamma: 1.03

6. Default

I play at -freq 75 @ 640x480 on an LCD rated for 60hz @ 1920x1080. I'm not sure if the -freq command is actually doing anything.

does the -freq launch option override refresh rate settings given in the Nvidia control panel? ( I have a GTX 285 )

7. Default

hey i have a question too if you dont mind....

does playing on 75 hertz really make a big difference?

someone told me that if your playing with hertz (75) that is lower then your fps (99), then your mouse will hop across from time to time, is that true?

Blog Entries

I've never experienced that to ever happen to me at a lan event for example. I use 120 hertz at home (2233rz) but i'm use to 75 hertz and i dont notice the problem. hope this helps!

i play with 75 hertz and get 80/90 fps, 100 max, and my DA doesn't skip.

Quote Originally Posted by I'mheretohelp View Post
    hey i have a question too if you dont mind....

does playing on 75 hertz really make a big difference?

someone told me that if your playing with hertz (75) that is lower then your fps (99), then your mouse will hop across from time to time, is that true?
    rofl. no.
    Live Like a Legend, Die Like an Asshole. LoL