Thread: Mechanical Keyboards and some medic questions

1. Default Mechanical Keyboards and some medic questions

I decided to ask 2 different in 1 thread so I don't have to make 2 threads.

The first is about mechanical keyboards. I'm thinking of buying one with mx brown switches for ~150$. Have any of you ever used a mechanical keyboard and would you say if it is worth it? Razer just released their black widow keyboard which is mechanical and steel series had their 6gv2/7g keyboards, which are both mechanical.

Also is a few things about playing medic. I recently decided to make medic my main simply because I find it a lot more fun than scout or demo. I'm not new to the game and so when I play demo/scout, whatever our medic does that pisses me off, I try not to do. So for example, when I'm a demo and we uber on to last on granary and the medic doesn't switch the uber around, it really just annoys me like crazy, as well as the other teammates besides the person the medic is healing.

So anyways, I basically wanted to know some stats / answers on a few things to make sure I'm not doing something wrong

1.What is the average # of times a medic will die in a normal 6v6 match?
    2.How many ubers should a medic pop before the end of the game?
    3.What is the average # of medic deaths in a single game ( assuming you have a somewhat good pocket and team)

Also, when playing medic, I've been tempted to jump on the point and whip out the needles a few times, or when we're pushing on granary last, whip out needles while my team is fighting on the point and needle down a scout or something away from the point. Is this a bad habit that I should not even consider doing? Or is it okay in some situations.

One other thing, if you're being chased down by a soldier and a scout, besides running away and needling, what else could you do? A soldier and scout sometimes chase me out of choke on granary mid with my pocket/roamer dead and only a scout to heal. What usually happens is the soldier rocket jumps toward me, skipping the scout and I eat a few rockets dying with like 60% charge.

I've only done TF2 lobby now, so that's where my experienced came from. I'm pretty addicted to lobbying and I've already gotten over a hundred lobby's this month

Blog Entries

1.What is the average # of times a medic will die in a normal 6v6 match?

Between 5-25 times. The Average is about 15. You need to consider the 3-4 deaths from dieing trying to defend your last and dieing at the other teams last by sacrificing yourself.

2. How many ubers should a medic pop before the end of the game?

15-35. Depends on the pace of the game and the use of your ubers. Some granary games can be 5-0 and end in 10 minutes leaving you to only uber 3-10 times. Other games can last over an hour and you uber 50 times.

3.What is the average # of medic deaths in a single game ( assuming you have a somewhat good pocket and team)

How is this different from question 1? 5-25

4. Distracting by not healing and being crazy

It is only worth needling bonesawing and distracting if the other team is at lower numbers. 2-3. Therefore you take 1-2 peoples attention. Players typically give the medic too much attention, so you can use that to your benefit. I often just suicide on badlands last towards the end of uber just to clear the stickies, incase your secondary scout or roamer were not able to.

5. What usually happens is the soldier rocket jumps toward me....

Biggest mistake I see from amateur medics is that they dont BOOK IT. If you turn and run a b line to safe spots you can almost always make it out alive. SO, your healing scout in garage mid and they are about to chase you. You can make it past the lip, and then once you make it to yard if you have time you can go sliding door. But if the soldier will definately get you before sliding door you should bear left and go Z or connector.

See, it is hard to explain, but practice B Lining out of situations and trying to ride rockets. So the soldier rj's at you..... look for his rocket at you, and hop in the air and crouch.... have fun you bouts to fly

3. Default

Oh, sorry for repeating a question, it was 3 am and it was hard to focus. What exactly is b lining? I understand riding rockets a bit. So running out of garage, I should go to the Z connector instead of the sliding door?

I usually die a little less than 10 times a lobby, I'm assuming that's good, right? I barely get to 15 ubers a match though, but that might be because pocket soldiers in lobby's are terrible.

Blog Entries

Bee lining is a term for running straight to something. If you turn and run and Bee Line, you often outrun people instead of running backwards needling.

Yes, if you go connector instead of sliding door sometimes you can dodge a soldier. So, if you know he can RJ you in yard, you might as well go connector so that it makes him do another RJ.