Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NASL unprofessional casting.

QQ more. If you can't take trash talk you're in the wrong eSport.

--aMies Edit--
    After doing some research, I've determined (wasn't it obvious?) that this is not the real IdrA. Instead, this is a user from Toronto, Canada that cheats on CS:S servers. He goes by the name "blZ" in-game.

Name: Daniel "blZ" Owen
    Steam Name:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/dan405/
    Email: [email protected]
    CEVO: http://www.cevo.com/?page=teams&func...=40838&div=384

Not sure if that's the real IdrA or not, but the fact of the matter is IdrA was representing the NASL as a guest caster/commentator. As a representative of the NASL, there is a level of professionalism that you need to show.

You can trash talk all you want if you're a player talking to another player, but in this case, IdrA was not.

Edit: And just to clarify, I'm not saying IdrA can't criticize CrunCher's play and/or point out the flaws seen in his play, but as a caster/commentator - who should have neutral views - you don't go around calling someone fat.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by EGIdrA View Post
    Im sorry idra but u r one of the biggest cry babies in the game. Everytime i see u lose u blame it on something else or someone, and you raged hella hard when Cruncher beat u so you have no reason to talk at all. All you r in my book is a little cry baby bitch that needs to grow up and little a pro like you say you are not a child.

Blog Entries

LOL Idra fan boy. That's cute.
    Plus attacking someone personally isnt trash talk, its harassment.

You're all a bunch of hypocrites. Sure, idra takes it to another level, but cruncher is pretty BM himself.

@Jason You've had the most BM players of all time. I never seen you get upset when certain people were making physical threats in IRC toward another team. Not only that, iirc, you've been incredibly unprofessional at times too. Calling out alex the way you did comes to mind, and a few other incidents back in the day.

Whats your excuse?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EGIdrA--FAKE View Post

--aMies Edit--
    After doing some research, I've determined (wasn't it obvious?) that this is not the real IdrA. Instead, this is a user from Toronto, Canada that cheats on CS:S servers. He goes by the name "blZ" in-game.

Name: Daniel "blZ" Owen
    Steam Name:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/dan405/
    Email: [email protected]
    CEVO: http://www.cevo.com/?page=teams&func...=40838&div=384

aMies doing work! hahaha

Most BM players of all time? You're living in a troll/hate filled fantasy world. That's just stupid. After 8+ years of existence I can assure you we have held the professionalism bar as high as any other organization in the world. Have we been perfect? Of course not, but I'm proud of the players who have represented us over the years, as a whole, and won't let you slander them because you're a blind Idra fan boy.

As far as other comments I have made, they were in my personal rolls as a manager or fan, not as an objective caster of an independent league. (Notice we didn't complain when Idra called CrunCher a "waste of life" on TeamLiquid.net.) I have never used the platform of such a league, etc, to take unilateral, personal shots at anyone.

Thus, there is no excuse needed and you can feel free to troll on Reddit again because I won't stand by and accept that nonsense here.

8. Default

There is no room for personal attacks in a "so called" professional cast. If you want eSports to be accepted as a real sport and taken seriously, you won’t tolerate this behavior. I was considering buying a NASL HD pass to help support eSports, but that’s not going to happen now.

Just to be clear on my opinion, talking about a player’s play is one thing; it’s the hating on a player that crossed the line. And if NASL wasn't prepared for this, considering who they asked to guest cast, I'd be very surprised. I think NASL should issue an apology for allowing the personal attack to be aired.

9. Default

I wasn't watching the NASL for this but here's my two cents based on what has been said/what I know.

While it is terribly unprofessional to call out players for personal reasons, and I believe that an apology should be issued for whatever it was that IdrA said if the NASL wants to retain any credibility, another take on this is that a strong CrunCher/IdrA rivalry would be good for the SC2 community. There needs to be a backstory, a history for something to be interesting. Just look at the Cubs, they haven't won a World Series in what? 100 some odd years? Yet their fans still love them, and it can't be because they play well year after year. To take another example from baseball, the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry. What is more polarizing than that? And it brings viewers to the TVs to watch series after series of it. Same with UNC/Duke, UT/A&M, and all the other great sports rivalries.

tl;dr- IdrA should apologize, but some conflict is good for eSports.

Blog Entries

I didn't want this to be a troll/ shit talk thread... sorry =(. Just was so outraged on the words Idra said about Cruncher, I am very passionate about what i believe in and am very defensive over coL haha.