Thread: Counter-Strike 2 rumors

1. Default Counter-Strike 2 rumors

This article came out a few days ago and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything since.

http://lambdageneration.com/posts/so...strike-source/

"Valve is inviting a number of the top competitive CS players from all over the world to their Bellevue HQ, even personnel from the ZBlock team"

Has anyone heard anything? Maybe Jason can throw his weight around and get some sort of scoop?

Blog Entries

this has been overhyped somewhat, but it seems that they are at least thinking about either making CS2 or making some kind of "Promod" with the source engine.

origin of the rumors comes from this:

3. Default

they've been talking about cs2 as something they want to do because it makes to much money not to make another version...but ill believe it when i see the press release with a release date

I dont think so. I would love to see CS2 and im sure every organization would love it too but it wont come out.

5. Default

if the article were about 1.6 players getting invited to valve hq, id get interested. unfortunately this looks like just a css update

6. Default

Oh lawrdy I hope not. Valve's idea of an update is to break smoke grenades and take away 33 tics. Maybe they'll lower the bar further and force 33 tics on us, instead of the 66 they already nerfed it to.

Blog Entries

i'd be PUMPED to see a CS2!

8. Default

I figure it'll be updated graphics, and HATS. LOTS OF HATS.

Sounds more like Source 2.0 rather then Counter-Strike 2.