Thread: The Reason Why I Won't Stop!

Default The Reason Why I Won't Stop!

This is why I am better than the rest. Average and Mediocre are two words that are not in my vocabulary.

"From the first pick to the last clutch I focus my mind and body mentality and physically 100% to overcome and surpass everyone and everything"

Gaming! you can call it gaming, but I call it a life style to. I live and breath e-sports, nothing less, but everything more.

I come from a strong Quake, Gears, CoD, DotA, and Counter Strike background. I know what it takes to get the top, but other don't understand the sacrifices it takes. It takes more than just hopes and dreams to get to the top, it takes dedication, commitment, hard work, and even more than all that, it takes skill. Top tier athletes like my self are born into this world of e-sports; most people think you can just get good at a game and become pro with ease, I disagree. E-sports is more challenging than it seems, it's a lifestyle that is brutal, and it's a lifestyle that is always up in your face with consistent punishment. If you don't want to commit the time, dedicate your life, and even sacrifice everything you have, then e-sports isn't for you, but for whom that wants to devote their self and give up everything they have , then my friend this.. is.. where it starts.

- SMOR3S

Amen!

Blog Entries

I dunno about most people thinking it's easy to go pro without sacrifices. I think anyone that has experienced CAL, CEVO, ESEA could tell you that competition is top-notch (though it has diminished quite a bit the past few years), and there's no way in hell you're getting to the highest tier without extreme practice as well as trust in your teammates.

The competition in eSports is ruthless, and that's why we love it so much, yeah?
    Steve "awakeN" Yeager
    Co-Founder/Co-Leader of Asperity Gaming
    Knoxville, TN

I have to agree with you I am focusing on DotA 2 and LoL atm with team Area 51 Gaming, but I want to get into SC2 cause I use to play a lot of BroodWar.

I thought this little post would lift some spirits of gamers, and give some people motivation, as well as teach people that gaming isn't all about the money, fame, and wearing a jersey to look bad ass.

Blog Entries

Area51 has been around for quite some time -- not a bad organization to get involved with, though it seems like they've lost some ground in recent years.

All in all, you have to do it for the love of the game.
    Steve "awakeN" Yeager
    Co-Founder/Co-Leader of Asperity Gaming
    Knoxville, TN

6. Default

i hope your not that serious, but no offense there is a small window of time for people to become pros, usually while their still in school, but after that good luck as i have seen a lot of people waste their time trying to become pros, especially in games that are dying or have little monetary pay out."it's a lifestyle that is brutal, and it's a lifestyle that is always up in your face with consistent punishment. If you don't want to commit the time, dedicate your life, and even sacrifice everything you have, then e-sports isn't for you" if your that serious and your not at the top yet i'd warn you if you dont reach it in the next 6 months to stop, if your giving up everything and most players who go pro don't, your giving up things for no reason. Just hope you don't regret putting all your time into a game.

Blog Entries

I agree with OP, a lot more effort goes into being a top-tier player than meets the eye. There is definitely a great deal of effort that goes into becoming mechanically skilled and mentally focused. I think that people give into the belief that pros are naturally gifted. A lot can be achieved with patience and a rigorous practice schedule.

Amen brother this is how I game Halo.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    i hope your not that serious, but no offense there is a small window of time for people to become pros, usually while their still in school, but after that good luck as i have seen a lot of people waste their time trying to become pros, especially in games that are dying or have little monetary pay out."it's a lifestyle that is brutal, and it's a lifestyle that is always up in your face with consistent punishment. If you don't want to commit the time, dedicate your life, and even sacrifice everything you have, then e-sports isn't for you" if your that serious and your not at the top yet i'd warn you if you dont reach it in the next 6 months to stop, if your giving up everything and most players who go pro don't, your giving up things for no reason. Just hope you don't regret putting all your time into a game.
    I disagree entirely. The event winning pay outs for Halo Reach is not nearly what it is for other games and the things we give up are because we love the game so much. I continue to strive even as halo reach comes to an end because I love the series and what goes into being a great player. There is always a new game on the horizon that you can anticipate and prepare for.