Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: drewbie's Strategy Guide

1. Default

I was trying the reactor hellion push against zerg and right when I was about to send out the hellions roachs busted threw my front. What are your recommendations to scout and prepare for an attack like this.

Thank you so much for the guide btw!

2. Default Thank you!

Drewbie, just signed up on the site to say thanks for the terran strat guide. I especially liked to TvP section. It really helped to crystalize things for me. Now all I have to do is get my execution down.

3. Default

this guide = wins!

4. Default

Thank you for this! The build orders are nice, but the value, IMO, is the mindset that accompanies each of these strats. I'm really looking forward to studying the replays and your notes--thank you for including them!!

Also, don't you mean 'fiance' now?

5. Thumbs up Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to put this together, Drewbie, and thanks to your girlfriend too for helping with the effort!

I'm really intrigued by your methodical approach to unit composition and countering the opponent's units specifically, as with your TvP method that you reiterate in the Moggi game notes. I've got a question though - do you have a method for determining how many medivacs you want with your army?

Blog Entries

hmm i don't think that you need that many medivacs with your army. maybe like 4-6 for healing stims and dropping. I just like having medivacs to heal after stimming, the P army does so much DPS that medivacs don't really help that much and I don't like getting too many because they are a bit expensive and they will take up supply that could go towards my army.

7. Default

First of all, thank you a lot for this guide <3

Is it possible to re-upload the replays on another site ? Megaupload is dead

Edit : Fuck you have already done this..

AMAZING <3

8. Default

Hi :-)

I've studied your TvP and TvT guide for a week and it works well for me. I've jumped from a gold level to a high plat' level thanks to your in-depths explanations of those builds wiches give me a better "game sense". So i thank you once again

But I've got a question here, for your TvZ Reactor Hellion :
    - You prefer to build 2 hellions from the factory, why do you think it's better than 4 hellions ?
    - I see you write on the Build Order that the 2 extras rax are builded at 35. But actually, in your replays, sometimes you make those at 30, and sometimes at 45. When do you prefer to build them earlier ? Is it bind with the things you've scouted ?

Ps : Sry for my very bad english.

Blog Entries

Hmm well I think that I was just experimenting with different timings, or maybe i screwed up, or maybe I lost some units during the game which messed up the timings. 4 hellions is good it gives you good map control and the ability to deny creep spread. if you only make 2 hellions you just get your tanks and marines out a bit faster and can push a bit earlier. maybe if the zerg goes no gas and makes 2 spines then its better to only make 2 hellions so that your push comes faster. but i think if they go gas and get ling speed then 4 hellions is better

10. Thumbs up

Drewbie! Thanks for this guide I've been out of the loop for 7 months and basically been using these strats as a template to get back to masters. Sadly I am having trouble in TvZ (hellion) but the other races have been very good matches. If more of these post come on the forums I will definitely stay around here !