Thread: Gunnars

Blog Entries

Default Gunnars

Gunnars count as hardware, yeah? Anyway, I've been working at a computer full-time, then coming home and gaming a couple hours (if that much). My eye strain has gotten to the point where I get migraines and sometimes even nausea. One of the guys I got hired with has a pair of Gunnars and said that wearing them helped tremendously. So needless to say, I'm back in the market. The problem is that I have a really narrow head -- yeah, idk. I have tried both the PPK and Paralex styles, and both are way too wide.

I know CatZ wears Gunnars - I assume they're the MLG Legend style, but I sure as hell didn't try to measure his head at MLG. Does anyone else here wear Gunnars? And do any of you who own a pair have narrow faces?
    Steve "awakeN" Yeager
    Co-Founder/Co-Leader of Asperity Gaming
    Knoxville, TN

I have been using Gunnar's for months now. MLG legends I believe, the aviator style I believe. I have worn glasses my whole life and I find these to be very flimsy. They are nice and they have flex, but they just feel flimsy. It could be the style, who knows or the design to be more versatile. I would still recommend them to anyone and they are nice because the lenses are so damn big they cover a lot of span.

I used to wear my Gunnar's (Sheadog) religiously, but my nearsightedness got worse so I got prescription Oakley's (31Thirteen) and like Naturphoenix said above, the Gunnar's are quite filmsy and a lot less comfortable than my Oakley's so I stopped using them.

I now use this program called f.lux on my iPhone, iPad, laptop and desktop: http://stereopsis.com/flux/

Blog Entries

Actually started using flux about a month ago. I also don't work at a computer any more, so the combination has helped quite a bit.

As a side-note, my eyes have actually stopped getting worse when it comes to sight. Until a year and a half ago, I was upping my Rx with every visit since 1st grade. >_>
    Steve "awakeN" Yeager
    Co-Founder/Co-Leader of Asperity Gaming
    Knoxville, TN