Thread: New xbox owner

Default New xbox owner

I just got an Xbox 360 and picked up Halo 3. I am confused as to how I can begin playing ranked matches? I have xbox live signed up and good to go. I feel like such a n00b

Ok I figured out how to play other people but for a lot of the game types it tells me that I don't have the maps to play. Where do I get these maps?

Blog Entries

For Halo 3 they released map packs which have several new maps. You are required to purchase these though, think its like 10 dollars. You'll find it in the Xbox marketplace(or whatever its called).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hayo View Post
    For Halo 3 they released map packs which have several new maps. You are required to purchase these though, think its like 10 dollars. You'll find it in the Xbox marketplace(or whatever its called).
    Has it. It's kinda dumb IMO. But I don't play halo anymore. You should get COD4/5 on xbox live, theyre fun!
    The best, never rest.

yeah to play competitively on halo 3 you need to buy the legendary map pack i think it is and then under the matchmaking you pick mlg. mlg if you dont know is major league gaming mlgpro.com personally i think h3 is a great competitive game hit me up if you wana play sometime GT: clutchONcommand

Blog Entries

you don't need legendary to play competitive. all the maps you need for mlg playlist are free on the marketplace for download. unless you're looking to play double snipers or swat or something. my recommendation is to hit the mlg after you get the basics down. it's a rough road but it's fun.

All I see in the marketplace is the mythic map pack and it is 800 points to buy (whatever that means)

Ok for an update I found the heroic map pack. was weird to find it. Hopefully that is all I need to play. I want to find some people I can buddy so I can play regularly with them. that is the most fun to me. So if any of you want to play let me know! My GT is optipwr