Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting back with your Ex?

Default Getting back with your Ex?

Pre-text...

Ive recently gotten back in contact with one of my ex-gf's. We were together for a good 2 years and we never fought or had any issues. But with most things in life, good things just dont last, we both moved on and chose to see other ppl... tho tbh i suspect she tried out that last bit before officially moving on... if u follow me..

..its been about 2-3 years since i last saw her, she hasnt changed a great deal, still looks great etc, and ive done the whole gym junkie thing, so we have both stepped it up.

..so i guess im thinking about getting back with her, despite how i am PRETTY FREAKIN sure she decided to end our last relationship.

/Pre-Text

My question to you guys (and lol at me even asking ppl from the internet, but what the hell..), whats your opinion on getting back with an Ex?

Have you done it? did it work out? What were your reasons... obviously im asking a lot in terms of maturity and some sensibility here, so im not expecting a great deal. But if this forum's subject is for real, im keen to give it a go.

Ex's.... Discuss.

Blog Entries

is getting back with ur ex worth it ... hmm that's a question you must decide. i was with my ex for two years then she moved away so we split up. she moved on to other guys but they never could treat her how she deserved, men in todays society are only looking to get into girls pants. her and i are going to get back together when we're closer to each other. if you love your ex id imagin it's well worth it. if you don't have much feelings for her then i don't know. i have no idea what the whole gym thing has to do with anything because girls aren't looking for a fit guy they are looking for something who understand them and treats them with respect not as an object for sex.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smont View Post
    is getting back with ur ex worth it ... hmm that's a question you must decide. i was with my ex for two years then she moved away so we split up. she moved on to other guys but they never could treat her how she deserved, men in todays society are only looking to get into girls pants. her and i are going to get back together when we're closer to each other. if you love your ex id imagin it's well worth it. if you don't have much feelings for her then i don't know. i have no idea what the whole gym thing has to do with anything because girls aren't looking for a fit guy they are looking for something who understand them and treats them with respect not as an object for sex.
    i honestly believe that it dependes on the age range ur at. 18-25 range generally is when people just want sex. after that its all relationship IMO. Sure, there are the people that want a relationship but it usually doesnt last very long because of the age range. i've only see/heard high school/college sweethearts marry with no divorce in like .5% of the population. its very rare. So honestly, if u love her...go for it. But if shes happy with her life atm then let her be.

well ofcourse i still have feelings for her, u dont spend 2 years of ur life and then instantly drop everything and move on. But my questions werent so much about MY LIFE, more about what everyone else thinks on the subject. Ive always been led to beleive you should NEVER go back to your ex, you should always move forward and to some extent i have always gone by that rule. just something ive been thinking of recently.

Oh and about the gym thing, im not some protein shake freak that spends 4 hours in the gym or anything lol, but women do want the full package, ur kidding urself if u think otherwise... or atleast limiting yourself. besides i did my gym time for me and no one else.

5. Default

I've tried the whole going back to your ex thing, and it never really worked for me, if she decided to end it then on her end she must not be to interested in a steady long term relationship in the end. I'm currently engaged and have been with my fiancee for the past 7 months almost, personally if you think she's worth the fight of worrying about the past happening again then by all means i'd say go for it. I normally just go with the flow and hope for the best, and most of the time it goes negatively. But i finally found the one and dont see this going sour. So like i said, if you think she is 100% worth another shot, then by all means my friend, go for it.

Blog Entries

There are two things you have to think about:
    1. Why the relationship ended in the first place? And do you think, this time around, it won't happen again?
    2. Did she learn from the break up? Is she going not going to take you for granted anymore?

Some Ex's work, most don't. But if you truly love her and you think she's worth your time and effort, go for it.

my ex is the one who approached me.
    so far she has been the one to initiate the txt conversations and the day trips.. ive played it cool so far - going along with it and not giving anything away other than being friendly, i know she is keen by the way she is acting.

i wasnt so much after advice for myself, i just wanted to know who else has been in this position and if it worked out or not.

Jeff - sounds to me like she's run out of options and is coming back to where she feels most comfortable.

There are two posibilities here: she tried her other Ex's and got shot down, or she liked you best. You need to find out, by any means necessary, which is true.

If the latter, then you have a special case here and if you still have feelings for her it would seem prudent that you give things another chance, BUT BE CAREFUL. Don't lavish her like you used to, but don't be so distant that you ruin it. You need to make sure history isn't repeating itself before you recommit. Make sure she understands this, and is okay with it.

You and you alone make the call here, she came to you - find out why; and make your move before she disappears again.
    Sig shamelessly stolen from [e]nigma.
    =========================================
    <st10r`> I can't believe Jason has the heart to go on
    <coL|1`RIOT`out> st10r`
    <coL|1`RIOT`out> I do
    =========================================

Sup just sippin a natty workin on my brocabulary

9. Default

u guys broke up for a reason. the only time i would consider getting back with a ex was if we only broke up becuase one of us moved or something.

10. Default

she broke up with you to date other people.. clearly you're not the one.. ignore her and move on or you will end up wasting a bunch of your time..

doesn't mean you can't use her for some ass though, nayum sayin