Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first lan :O

Blog Entries

Default first lan :O

I've been playing CS since 2003, according to my steamID and I didn't really take it that seriously.. my team just got moved down to IM due to being inactive and we are thinking about going to our first LAN as a team in march. Any tips?
    <st10r`> I can't believe Jason has the heart to go on
    <coL|1`RIOT`out> st10r`
    <coL|1`RIOT`out> I do
    True inspiration

Don't suck.

But honestly?
    ENJOY IT. Don't take it too seriously or you're gonna lose and be pissed.

Practice hard, and have FUN.

What it's all about.

Yeah, just go for having some fun or for more expierence. Don't hope to win all matches, because as Jordan said you gonna be pissed if you lose, so just play go there & play for fun.
    P.S. GL

Blog Entries

LANs are to have fun go chit chat with the people you play and everybody else there don't be lame and just sit at the PC

Blog Entries

well, we are actually confident on winning ^^
    It's a small tourny, with only 6 teams and it's in Canada so I don't think there are that many good teams in here that will attend that LAN. Thanks for the tips so far.. I guess we should focus more on the experience than the winning/losing aspect
    <st10r`> I can't believe Jason has the heart to go on
    <coL|1`RIOT`out> st10r`
    <coL|1`RIOT`out> I do
    True inspiration

Hey good luck first of all. IMO, peoples first lan is usually for experience then later on winning. I'm from Canada too and where's the lan going to be held? Maybe you'll see EG.ca, NSU and Sway =P
    System: Intel C2D E8400 @ 4GHz | EVGA GeForce 9800GTX+ | Asus P5Q Pro | G.Skill 4GB | Western Digital 640GB | CM 690 | Corsair TX-650 | Windows 7 x64

Periphirals: Razer DeathAdder | Logitech Wave | Samsung 2343BWX 23" | SS QcK+ | SS 5Hv2

Blog Entries

Be prepared with your strats, be warmed up, and stay calm.

Blog Entries

if you want to win just practice practice practice and be as serious as you can be. After practice time is over its time to chat. Be prepared to have code names for your strats so people dont hear you calling a b rush or something like that and make sure you have good noise cancelling headphones. Also dont play complexity first round.

Which LAN are you talking about, ETS?

Blog Entries

LANs are amazing. You put not only a face with the name you've been playing with and against for quite some time, it also lets you experience the game on a different platform.

Try not to get all psyched out about the people and what not. Your gonna have people all around you screaming, and hooting-n-hollering, and your also gonna have some people actually sit behind you and cheer you on. Try not to get distracted and like everyone else said, go have fun!