Thread: Rogue question: spec in patch

1. Default Rogue question: spec in patch

I'm having some trouble deciding what to spec in this new patch now that mutilate got hit by the nerf stick. I'm considering between either full combat as I got the KT hc fist weapon, or ShD with hemo/weapon swap or just plain dagger as I'm thinking at least the gab have been closed down some between the two specs with the nerf to mutilate.

what?!
    Shaunde "vision" Christensen
    COO of Mug N Mouse Gaming LLC,
    http://www.mnmtrap.com

3. Default

I know the rogue forums wont be a good idea to look for help, so try this.

http://roguerogue.com/2009/02/12/510/

Blog Entries

as far as raiding goes, Mutilate is still as good, if not better than it was before. increasing slice and dice to 40% and increasing hunger for blood to 15% (assuming you keep it stacked to 3 all the time) made up for the nerf to mutilate. The majority of your damage comes from white hits, and instant poison usually does more damage than mutilate anyway so a 30% damage reduction to your combo point builder really isnt that big of a deal when you got a buff to your white damage through slice and dice and hunger for blood.

For PvP 41/5/25 is still where you need to be. No other rogue spec can really come close to Prep Mutilate for overall damage output.

Blog Entries

I'd stay away from combat atleast until they put some descent swords into play...granted u could grab maces' but at this point combat his hindered by gear at top level because the lack of swords

elitistjerks.com / arenajunkies.com could prob. be of some help. Most likely more help than this forum. I'd let you know myself but I play a mage/paladin sorry =/.